Wednesday, August 15

A Swirl of Activity: August Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

'Sparkling Burgundy' eucomis, surrounded by a swirl of foliage.

With the wedding just past, and the honeymoon--plus an all day volleyball tournament--looming on the horizon... the eucomis isn't the only thing surrounded by a swirl of activity!  I'm writing this GBBD post on Saturday the 11th, and setting it to auto-post on the 15th... so if anyone has questions about the plants in the picture above, I'll answer them next week.  :-)

What's in bloom in my garden today:

Lonicera sempervirens, the native honeysuckle - 'Black and Blue' salvia - 'Paprika' yarrow - 'Rotstrahlbusch' panicum virgatum - New Guinea impatiens - Dragonwing begonia - Russian sage - red snapdragons - 'Hameln' pennisetum - red pennisetum - lantana - 'Blue Daze' convolvulus - burgundy salvia - all three dahlias - plumeria - Brazilian verbena - various hosta

To see what's blooming around the world today, check out the GBBD post from Carol at May Dreams Gardens!

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are having just too much fun girl. Happy GBBD.

Lona said...

Oh how lovely those blooms are. They look so beautiful with the grass and salvia.Have a wonderful week.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Congratulations! Did you park the maroon vehicle in the background to echo the color of the Eucomis stems?

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! MMGD, I did not... but that's not a bad idea in the future. That car belongs to the guy across the street and he parks there often, so I could just wait to take my pics when he's there! :-D

Patrick's Garden said...

Hey girl,
It's been a very last time since I've come by. Must grow Sparkling Burgundy for myself next year.

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the interaction--posts are often simply the beginning of an interesting conversation! So thanks for taking the time to join the discussion, and please know that I enjoy reading each and every comment left here. I try to answer as many as I can.