Friday, June 17

Numbers Challenged: June Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

Lotus vine: lotus maculatus 'Amazon Sunset'

I could swear that the 15th of June was coming up this weekend... but when I opened up my feed reader today, I found a whole pile of Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day posts from yesterday. OOPS!  Here, without further ado, are some more hot-color highlights from my garden this month:

Celosia spiking up through the lotus vine and alternanthera foliage

 Flowering peach heuchera--and a pretty self-sown red snapdragon

'Purple Dragon' lamium, digitalis parviflora, and a few clumps of variegated thyme

 A stray heuchera spike, caught up in the dark foliage of chocolate eupatorium

And a few on the cooler side of the color wheel:

Unnamed purple clematis, scrambling through my 'Bing' cherry tree

 As-yet-unplanted wax begonias at the end of a flat
Oakleaf hydrangea, the nondescript flowers of lyreleaf sage, 'Chubby Fingers' sedum

Also in bloom, but not pictured:
'Red Rocks' penstemon, 'Blue Star' amsonia, echinops ritro, 'Albury Purple' hypericum, nicotiana, 'Black & Blue' salvia, 'Caradonna' salvia, 'Salsa Burgundy' salvia, little-leaf culinary sage, 'Newe Ya'ar' culinary sage, blackberry, 'Sweet Kate' spiderwort, 'Black Lace' and 'Black Beauty' elderberries, 'Gartenmeister' fuchsia, 'Bandana Cherry' lantana, various snapdragons and heucheras, 'Zweiweltenkind' goatsbeard


To check out what else is blooming around the world--or, at least, what was blooming yesterday!--check out the June Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day post by Carol of May Dreams Gardens.

10 comments:

Larry said...

Enjoyed your post and all the color! Larry

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your mix of hot and cool colors always entertain the eye. Happy GBBD.

Stratoz said...

I have a huechera that refuses to thrive and refuses to die. seems happy being OK

growingagardenindavis said...

I was even later than you...I guess there is too much going on in the garden to worry about posting :)
In any case, as always, things looking lush and lovely in your garden!

Annie in Austin said...

Love the heucheras, Blackswamp Kim - can't keep them alive here. You may have mixed up the date, but at combining colors you're still the queen!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Lona said...

Wow what beautiful foliage. Wonderful combinations.

Claudia said...

Very nice color mix, beautiful!

Rose said...

Beautiful colors and combinations of textures! Always better late than never--GBBD often sneaks up on me, too:)

Muum said...

I learn something new every time I visit! love your plants!

Jan said...

Hi Kim, Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog post, Kim. I was so lazy about posting that I didn't even do a GBBD post this month. It's much more fun to be outside in the garden! You have lots going on and lots of pretty contrasts between the colors and textures of foliage and blooms. Have a wonderful weekend;-)

Post a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is the interaction--posts are often simply the beginning of an interesting conversation! So thanks for taking the time to join the discussion, and please know that I enjoy reading each and every comment left here. I try to answer as many as I can.