Girl Gone Gardening just tagged me with a meme... I am to post 6 weird things about myself, and then tag 6 other people to do the same. I like to think that I'm a good sport, so even though I'm reluctant to tag others I'll play along with the posting part!
6 Weird Things About the Blackswamp Girl:
1) When I am intently reading something, I tend to rock back and forth as if I am sitting in a rocking chair. Sometimes I catch myself doing it, but most of the time I have no idea until someone else walks in the room and starts laughing.
2) My grandmother slips a small can of mushroom slices into my Christmas stocking each year, because I sometimes ate an entire can of them out of her pantry while staying with her for a weekend.
3) My brother and I have a standing date to sing "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" together the next time we find karaoke. We each surprised the other with Neil Diamond CDs for Christmas, and he often calls me when he's on the way to visit his girlfriend in Columbus and Neil comes on the radio. When I come home to find a message that consists only of a whole minute worth of "Cracklin' Rosie," I know who left it on my machine!
4) Some of my planned occupations when I was a kid included: Gypsy dancer, reclusive writer, and feature singer in a large gospel choir.
5) I enjoy cold coffee--not "iced coffee," just regular morning coffee that's gotten cold by the afternoon.
6) One of my favorite things about living in a city is trashpicking. Coco and I arrange our nightly walking route around the trash pickup schedule, so we can see what people are leaving out--once it's on the treelawn, it's fair game!
I have so far trashpicked: A grandfather clock, an old sewing cabinet from 1913 (complete with working machine, wrought iron legs, etc.), two or three old silvered mirrors that I want to use in the garden, a carved-top end table with four panes of glass, several wooden rocking chairs that I am refinishing for use on the porch this summer, a half dozen interesting table bases that are being turned into plant stands, a papasan chair, a perfectly usable but old wheelbarrow, and two metal trellises.
Like I said, I'm not tagging anyone else... but if anyone who is reading this wants to play along, feel free to make your own post and let me know!